I can’t wait for our Lord’s Day gathering tomorrow. I pray this Scripture will help us prepare for the gathering of our church:
“Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25
Some thoughts to help us prepare for our gathering in light of this passage:
1. Spend time in personal prayer in advance of coming to worship.
Pray for yourself–confession of sin, humility, servanthood. Pray for NEHBC–your pastors and leaders, your LifeGroup, guests, unbelievers who will be present.
2. Take a moment to consider God’s goodness to you over the course of this week.
Count your blessings. Let your heart well up with gratitude to the Lord for His incredible goodness and faithfulness.
3. If you are at odds with a fellow member, seek reconciliation with them between now and worship tomorrow.
We cannot gather in disunity. (Matthew 5:23-24)
4. Prepare yourself to come to serve, rather than to be served.
If you see a need, be it a door without a greeter, a worshipper sitting alone, someone looking out of place in the lobby, take responsibility for meeting the need.
5. Pray for the sermon and the proclaiming of the gospel.
We will continue in Ephesians 4 on the topic of unity by looking specifically at 4:4-6. The Lord has quite the countercultural statement when it comes to unity in our church, our families, and our friendships!
6. Do you have an unbelieving friend or colleague you can invite to see what goes on in a Christian church?
7. The 4-5 year old choir is singing in our worship services tomorrow.
Don’t be late or you will miss their awesomeness!